Wednesday, February 1, 2012

it would be the perfect brainstorm.

a couple weeks ago, i started a tumblr specifically for blogging on my iphone. it was called the perfect brainstorm. i thought the vast limitations of tumblr could potentially be a part of the blog's brutish charm, but almost instantly, as cuteness inevitably does, it became mega annoying. so i decided to move the blog here, brick for brick. but i had to rename it, because "the perfect brainstorm" was already taken, by some fucking moron who only wrote a single post in 2004. check it out.

i asked my brother to help me think of a cool new title for my blog. he gave me some ideas, but none of them were exactly right. i even considered variations on the original, like the perfect brainstorm 2. finally, the following morning, as he was leaving for work, i said, "for the road, one more blog title suggestion." he looked at me for a second and said, "the penny jar." then he left. i was like, that sucks. everyone hates pennies. but then i thought about it. a penny is money. money is valuable. by itself, a penny is the worst thing in the world. all my friends throw them away. but if you save a penny every time you get it, pretty soon you have a bunch. and a bunch of these worthless things, just all in a jar-- well, that's worth something. i hope the same can be said of my blog, which i intend to fill with seemingly worthless pennies.

it's not as interesting or cool as some of my friends' blog titles, like cyberblog 2000, i miss you all the time, or garbage truck to hell. but sometimes, you just gotta pick a blog title already.

the first order of business is to repost everything from the perfect brainstorm. here is the first of what would end up being very few posts:

i work about 17 miles from my apartment. that's not very far in a normal town, but i have to travel through the heart of los angeles during heavy traffic hours (something los angeles has a lot of). this means i spend about four hours a day commuting by bus. i used to spend this time listening to many many podcasts while playing games on my brother's nintendo ds. but over the winter holiday, i got an iphone 3gs. which means i am now always on the grid. so i decided to spend my commute doing something more useful. i'm going to write things for this tumblr. this tumblr is unique in that everything ever posted on it will have been written on my phone while i'm on the go. i want to do cool things with this phone. and i'm not gonna pay 99¢ for angry birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment